As the name suggests this is the loan given against gold. Many nationalized banks, private banks, and other financial companies offer this loan at attractive rates. Many go for this loan for short period to meet the requirement of their children’s education, marriage and other financial problems in the family. And others think that instead of keeping the gold idle at home or locker, loan against gold is the best option. Moreover, with the rise in gold rates, the demand from companies and banks offering such loans has raised. For instance, Muthoot Finance, one of the leading gold loan companies has seen 24 percent rises in gold loan against 17 percent raise in the market value of gold. People can check goldco reviews
, here if they need the best gold investment policies
Charges associated with Gold Loan:
- Advantages of Gold Loan
The gold loan doesn’t demand any certificate to show your salary or income and even no credit card history is required. Thus even unemployed and non-working people can go for a gold loan.
- Unlike any other unsecured loan, a gold loan doesn’t require many papers, only a few documents such as ID proof and address proof is enough to avail of such loan. Companies opt for lanyards for conferences so that the IDs don’t get lost.
- One of the main advantages of 401k gold loan is its low-interest rates. Usually, loan over gold is provided in the interest of 12-16% per annum and this is quite low compared to personal loans available at interest rates of 15-26% per annum.
- In rural areas Agricultural loan against gold is also available for agriculturist at very nominal rate of Interest of 7%-8%, proof of agricultural document needs to be provided
- Gold or precious metals loans are the most simple and convenient forms of loan because here all you need to do is pledge your gold with a bank or finance company and get up to 80% of the market value of the gold as a loan.
- The borrower will be given an option to pay only interest during the entire term and at the end of the tenure, you can pay the complete borrowed amount in a single shot.
- In case of gold loan processing time is very less. Usually, banks take just a few hours to complete the process whereas in case of NBFC’s (Non-Banking Financial Companies) a few minutes is enough for the same. So for immediate financial help, this is the best option.
Advise On Gold Loans
- Loan processing charge: While some of the service providers may waiver these charges, some banks do charge a processing fee.
- Valuation Charge: These are the charges to be paid to the evaluator. These charges are also specific to the service provider and those having in-house valuators do not charge any extra amount for valuation.
- Late payment penalty: Most of the service providers charge late payment penalty and this too can vary from one institution to the other.
- Pre-payment penalty: Most of the service providers do not charge a penalty for repayment before the loan tenure is over. But some may still have this charge in place.
- It is advisable to check with the loan provider before taking the loan. These charges could change the amount that you may finally receive.
- Go for a gold loan if you are confident of returning the money in time otherwise, you will be penalized and all your pledged gold will come under the control of bank or finance company.
- While opting for gold loan check the interest rates in various banks and private finances. If you go for private lenders then better to go with the one who has been in this business for many years.
As far as you are not emotionally linked to your gold ornaments this is the best option. However, nothing like this can help you during your difficulties and with the fall of dollars and e