Certified Banking Professional - CBP
Frequently Asked Questions
Certified banking Officer is an certification program offered by Indian Institute of Banking & Finance (IIBF) to those who want to gain knowledge in all Function of Banks & Financial Institutions . Every candidate want to get exposure of all product, services deal with banking function .
Certified Banking Officer is an program is run & managed by Indian Institute of Banking & Finance (IIBF). IIBF is an professionally body to providing training & educating existing employees of member banks (677 Banks & financial Institutions are member & 4,50,000 employees of banks are as individual members).
– To develop professionally qualified and competent banking professionals primarily through a process of education, training, examination, consultancy/counseling and continuing professional skill development programs to perform different banking functions.
– To develop a cadre of banking officers in banks to perform different banking functions across banks
– To inculcate advanced skills for handling banking management issues
Banking Professional are perform function in Public Sector , Private Bank & Non Banking Financial Companies (NBFC’s) which are grown by 20 % CAGR in India. banking Professional Contributes over 50% CAGR growth in banking Consumer Segment & business loans due to increase Financial Inclusion in Indian Economy. Now Bank are powerful & growing platform to shape your banking profession.
Module 1 – Principles & Practices of Banking
INDIAN FINANCIAL SYSTEM
FUNCTIONS OF BANKS
SUPPORT SERVICES – MARKETING OF BANKING SERVICES / PRODUCTS
Module 2 – Accounting & Finance for Bankers
BUSINESS MATHEMATICS AND FINANCE
PRINCIPLES OF BOOKKEEPING & ACCOUNTANCY
Module 3 – Legal & Regulatory Aspects of Banking
REGULATIONS AND COMPLIANCE
LEGAL ASPECTS OF BANKING OPERATIONS
BANKING RELATED LAWS
COMMERCIAL LAWS WITH REFERENCE TO BANKING OPERATIONS
– Certified Banking Course will impart banking and finance knowledge and skills together with technology-familiarity and customer-orientation
– High quality academic rigor and specially prepared courseware.
– Candidates undertaking the course will have comprehensive and up-to-date knowledge in the subject of banking and finance.
– The Program offers practical insights into the subjects while, at the same time, emphasizes robust theoretical foundation.
– The course will make the candidates job ready.
– The course is so designed that most employers would value it for talent scouting.
– This will ensure that banks can reduce their post recruitment training intervention.
– The course is cost effective and at the same time high in quality. At an additional fee, candidates can seek educational support in the form of e-learning / virtual classes / contact classes.
– The Program carries professional recognition among the banking and finance community as it is equivalent to banking industry recognized JAIIB qualification of IIBF.
– The certification is backed by a system of high professional standards of the Institute.
– Existing / Newly posted officers in banking department
– Persons identified for the Banking department
– People aspiring to become banking officers in Banks
– Undergraduate & Postgraduate student those want to enter in Banks & Financial Institutions.
– A graduate in any discipline
– The examination is open to members of IIBF as well as Non-members, who are employees of Banks and Financial Institutions.
– Members of the Institute, preferably CAIIB
SUBJECT OF ONLINE EXAMINATION
1. Principles & Practices of Banking
2. Accounting & Finance for Bankers
3. Legal & Regulatory Aspects of Banking
1. Minimum marks for pass in the subject is 50 out of 100.
2. Candidates securing at least 45 marks in each subject with an aggregate of 50% marks in all subjects of examination in a single attempt will also be declared as having completed the Examination.
3. Candidates will be allowed to retain credits for the subject they have passed in a attempt till the expiry of the time limit for passing the examination as mentioned below :
TIME LIMIT FOR PASSING THE EXAMINATION
1.Candidates will be required to pass the examination within a time limit of 2 years (i.e. 4 consecutive attempts).
2. Candidates not able to pass examination within stipulated time period of two years are required to re-enroll themselves afresh. Such candidates will not be granted credit/s for subject/s passed, if any, earlier.
3. Time limit of 2 years will start from the date of application for First attempt. Attempts will be counted irrespective of whether a candidate appears at any examination or otherwise.
MEDIUM OF EXAMINATION
Examination will be conducted in English only.
PATTERN OF EXAMINATION
1. Question Paper will contain approximately 120 objective type multiple choice questions for 100 marks including questions based on case studies / case lets. The Institute may however vary the number of questions to be asked for a subject
2. The examination will be held in Online Mode only
3.There will NOT be negative marking for wrong answers.
DURATION OF EXAMINATION
The duration of the examination will be of 2 hours
PERIODICITY AND EXAMINATION CENTRES
Examination will be conducted on pre-announced dates published on IIBF Web Site. Institute conducts examination on half yearly basis, however periodicity of the examination may be changed depending upon the requirement of banking industry. b) List of Examination centers will be available on the website. (Institute will conduct examination in those centers where there are 20 or more candidates.)
PROCEDURE FOR APPLYING FOR EXAMINATION
Application for examination should be registered online from the Institute’s website www.iibf.org.in. The schedule of examination and dates for registration will be published on IIBF website.
Professional Training Academy Charge 12,500 Rupees + GST (18%) as applicable (Include Study Material & Mock Test)
EXAMINATION FEES / REGISTRATION FEES :
For Non-members only
First attempt fee 3,200
2nd attempt fee 1,000
3rd attempt fee 1,000
4th attempt fee 1,000
* Plus convenience charges and Taxes as applicable
Please Note : Candidates are required to Register for every attempt separately. As a measure to streamline the traffic for registration, Institute will charge regular examination fee to candidates who registers for the examination during the regular open period fro registration. For the extended days of registration, late fee of 200 plus taxes, will be charged in addition to regular examination fee. This extended days of registration, also gives candidates addition opportunity to register for the examination, having missed the regular open period of registration. The fee once paid will NOT be refunded or adjusted on any account
Certified banking Professional prepare you for the various job & give you job opportunities in Banks , NBFC’s , banking Analysis Companies as well as Public Banks . Any Individual play a various job roles of banking functions :
Banking Compliance Officer
After completing Diploma in Banking & Finance (JAIIB) existing employee eligible for promotions/ upgrade in the banks.