What is Two Wheeler Insurance?
Two wheeler insurance is that insurance policy that protects your vehicle from any damage caused due to any unforeseen event like accidents, slips and falls theft, natural calamities etc. The Riverside slip and fall lawyers
state that It also provides cover for any damage to any individual or property caused by your vehicle (Third Party Liability).Third Party Insurance is a compulsory requirement for every two-wheeler owner. The owner of the vehicle is legally liable for any injury or damage to third party life or property caused by or arising out of the use of the vehicle in a public place. Driving a motor vehicle without insurance in a public place is a punishable offence in terms of the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988.
Two wheeler insurance provides financial assistance and protection to the insured in the event of any damage to his/her vehicle as well as damage caused to any property or an individual.Once you find the best lawyer for your case
, you are halfway there. You can claim the insurance with a lawyer to advocate for you and proof of the damage caused.
Various platforms for purchasing a two wheeler insurance
There are broadly 2 categories of platforms:
- Online platform
- Net Banking
- Debit/Credit cards
- Cash card
- Offline(Traditional) platform
- a) Insurance intermediaries: Serve as a bridge between consumers (seeking to buy insurance policies) and insurance companies (seeking to sell those policies).
Following are the insurance intermediaries:
- Individual insurance agents
- Corporate agents
- b) Directly from the desired insurance company
- Fire, Explosion, Self- Ignition, Lightning
- Burglary/Housebreaking / Theft
- Riot & Strike
- Flood, Storm, Cyclone, Hurricane, tempest, inundation, hailstorm, frost
- Accidental external means
- Malicious Act
- Terrorism acts
- While in Transit by Rail/ Road, Inland waterways, Lift, Elevator or Air
- Land slide / Rock slide
- If the personal accident cover is included, then the policy also compensates you for any injury or death sustained due to a road mishap or accident.
- Third party liability
- Additional covers are also available by the insurance companies on payment of an extra amount of premium (Riders).
- Not having a valid Driving License
- Under Influence of intoxicating liquor/ drugs
- Accident taking place beyond Geographical limits
- While Vehicle is used for unlawful purposes
- Electrical/Mechanical Breakdowns.
- Damage/loss due to war, mutiny, nuclear energy causes