Certified Financial Planning is among the fastest-growing careers in the world. It is also the most desired and respected global certification for those seeking to demonstrate their commitment to competent and ethical financial planning practice. The CFPCM Certification wins trust and presents opportunities worldwide. In this era of super specialization, the Professional Certification – CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER CM Certification, gears career aspirants and existing financial intermediaries for giving comprehensive financial advisory services to individuals and making a satisfying career in the financial services industry. The CFP certification program is globally in 26 countries and territories, with number of CFP professionals over 170,000 globally.
CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER professionals meet initial and ongoing education, experience and professional development requirements, pass a rigorous set of exams that assesses competency, and adhere to a code of ethics, pledging to provide financial planning in the interests of clients and with the highest ethical and professional standards. CFP professionals have an in depth knowledge and training in various aspects of personal finance like insurance planning, investment planning, tax planning, retirement planning etc.
FPSB India is the principal licensing body that awards CFPCM Certification in India through an agreement with FPSB Ltd. CFPCM Certification is the highest level of Certification worldwide in the field of Financial Planning with over 1,70,000 CFPCM Certificant and is widely respected by consumers, professionals & industry. As per current industry estimates, the requirement for financial planners is around 50000 in India only.
Why become a CFPCM Certificant
- Enhanced career and employment opportunities with Financial Services companies. Your Services are sought by banks, distribution houses, AMC, insurance Companies, equity broking and Financial Planning firms.
- Personal satisfaction of achieving the Financial Planning profession’s highest standard and met the global benchmark.
- Satisfied clients who appreciate the comprehensive approach to Financial Planning and extend long term relationship and referrals.
- More revenue streams by increasing your product and service offering to your clients.
- Enhanced Social Status by joining the league of professionals.
- Recognition in more than 24 countries across the world.
- You have met the global benchmark for competency, ethics & professional practice standards to provide comprehensive Financial Planning services.
- You join the global league of the best Financial Planning professionals.
- Your credentials demonstrate trust amongst the financial consumers worldwide.
- Your financial planning knowledge is recognized by the media and you get opportunities to be quoted, and offer advice through various media vehicles.
Value of CFPCM
By completing the CFPCM certification requirements a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER professional demonstrates to clients and potential clients a commitment to professionalism and that she/he has met rigorous competency, ethics and professional practice standards to provide comprehensive financial planning services. CFP Certification benefits a variety of individuals and groups, including:
- The public
Demand for CFP Certification
CFP (CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER CM) Certification: Mandated by the Finance Industry and Regulatory Bodies.
An increasing number of multinational banks such as ICICI Bank, Standard Chartered Bank, American Express Bank and others have made it mandatory for their Relationship Managers to acquire the CFP certification in order to raise current service standards to optimum level. Regulatory bodies like SEBI, IRDA, PFRDA etc. are also gradually educating and encouraging consumers to consult CFPs for their financial needs. Along with this, Charter Members of FPSB India have resolved that they will give first preference to CFPCM Charters during recruitment
CFP (CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER CM) Certification: Demand from the consumers
Nowadays, consumers have become more aware about various financial products available in the market. As a result, the consumer is evolving with respect to understanding the benefits and working of these products and services. Unqualified advisors will find it difficult to handle such finance-savvy consumers. Only professionals with appropriate knowledge and skill credentials will be able to serve such customers satisfactorily i.e. Certified Financial Planners.
CFPCM certification is suitable for:
- Students pursuing/completed B. Com / BMS / BBA / BBI / BAF / BFM / M. Com
- Other Undergraduates / Graduates who want to be professionally and globally recognized.
- MBA / CA / CA Inter
- Professionals working in Banking & Financial Services Industry
- Financial services professionals, customer relationship officers, insurance agents, stock brokers, those looking to expand their careers in the financial services business, and graduates
For attaining a CFPCM certification 4E Criteria needs to be fulfilled:
4 E Criteria for Initial Certification
A candidate must complete academic coverage of the Financial Planning curriculum by undergoing the 5 Module CFPCM Certification Education Program through an Authorized Education Partner and pass the corresponding Exam 1-4 facilitated by NSE. However, candidates applying through the Challenge Status Pathway are exempted from the Education Program considering their higher qualifications & work experience. Education criteria demonstrate to the public that the candidate has acquired the necessary knowledge to become a Financial Planner.
The CFPCM Examination (also called Exam 5 based on Module VI-Advanced Financial Planning) is designed to assess the candidate’s ability to apply Financial Planning knowledge to real-life Financial Planning situations. By passing the CFPCM Certification Examination, the candidate demonstrates to the public that he/she has the required level of competency to practice Financial Planning.
The experience requirement qualifies work experience that involves Personal Financial Planning. Candidates under the Regular Pathway may complete the experience criteria pre or post appearing Exam 5 however candidates under Challenge Status pathway need to have attained relevant experience before appearing Exam 5. The Experience criterion is designed to provide the public with the assurance that the candidate understands the counseling nature of Personal Financial Planning.
To get the CFPCM Certification, candidates after meeting Education, Examination & Experience criteria must agree to abide by FPSB India’s Code of Ethics, Rules of Professional Conduct, Practice Standards & Disciplinary Rules & Procedures. Careful adherence to these standards of professional conduct helps turn initial consultations into trusted, long-term consulting relationships with clients and gain public confidence in the Profession & Certification.