Finding a perfect insurance policy for your two-wheelers and understanding it thoroughly is very important. Knowing your policy will help in making the claim a cake walk for you.Usually at the time of damage to the own vehicle or in case of third party liability people are afraid as to how will they get the reimbursement of their loss because of a tricky and complicated claim procedure followed by the insurance companies in settlement of the claims. A claim under a two wheeler insurance policy could be for personal injury or property damage related to someone else. This person is called a third party in this context) or for damage to your own, insured, vehicle. This is called an own damage claim and you are eligible for this if you are holding what is known as a package or a comprehensive policy. There are attorneys that are helping clients fight auto insurance companies when it comes to accident cases.
Different situations like damage to the own vehicle, theft, personal injury or property damage have separate and different claim procedures and understanding all of it is very complicated. So here is a simplified claim process in a generalised manner which is followed by the insurance companies:
Own Damage Claim
In the event of damage to your own vehicle and determining fault after a car accident or any other mishap then the following process is to be followed for the own damage claim: In the event of damage to your own vehicle due to an accident or any other mishap (read more info here) then the following process is to be followed for the own damage claim:
1) Lodge an FIR: In the event of a mishap, contact the nearest police station immediately and file an FIR if need be.
2) Inform the insurance company: Give an intimation to your insurance company with the help of motorcycle accident lawyers from Thon Beck Vanni Callahan & Powell if necessary, about the accident or any mishap and the damage caused to your vehicle because of it, at the earliest, at the toll-free numbers of the insurance companies. It will enable them to depute a surveyor to assess the loss.
3) Damage evaluation: Get the damage to your vehicle evaluated by the surveyor so that the company can assess the loss and also to get the permission to move your vehicle to the garage for repairs. If you want to get the garage door repaired, as explained by Titan Garage Doors Coquitlam, you can click on the link and find out.
4) Cashless settlement or Reimbursement by the company
Documents required in case of Own damage claim
1) Photocopy of RC, policy and the driving license
2) Duly filled claims form
3) Satisfaction letter (for cashless payment)
4) FIR, if required
5) Copy of Registration Book, Tax Receipt (Original required for verification)
6) Estimate for repairer, where the vehicle is to be repaired
7) Repair bills and payment receipts after the job is completed
8) Claims Discharge Cum Satisfaction Voucher signed across a Revenue Stamp
9) Copy of Registration Book, Tax Receipt (Please furnish original for verification)
If your two-wheeler gets stolen then following will be the procedure for the theft claim:
1) File an FIR at the nearest police station as soon as possible
2) Intimate about the accident to the insurance company at their toll-free numbers
3) Inform the transport department about the theft
4) If your vehicle is found then the insurance company will give the compensation and also pay for the damages for the stolen parts. But if your vehicle isn’t found within 90 days, ask the police to issue you a Non-Traceable Report. This is an undertaking given by the police that they are yet to find your vehicle which you need to submit to the company, after this the company initiates the claim procedure. In case of theft, the company might ask you to surrender the keys to your vehicle also in case your vehicle isn’t found.
Documents required in case of Theft claim
1) Original policy document
2) Original Registration Book/Certificate and Tax Payment Receipt
3) Previous insurance details – Policy number, insuring Office/Company, period of insurance
4) The sets of keys/Service Booklet/Warranty Card
5) Original FIR copy of the complete theft report
6) Acknowledged copy of letter addressed to RTO intimating theft and making vehicle ‘NON-USE’
7) Form 28, 29 and 30 signed by the insured and Form 35 signed by the Financer, as the case may be updated and blank
8) Letter of subrogation
9) Consent towards agreed claim settlement value from you and Financer
10) NOC of the Financer if claim is to be settled in your favour
11) Blank and updated “Vakalatnama”
12) Claim Discharge Voucher signed across a Revenue Stamp
THIRD PARTY CLAIM
In case of injury to an individual or damage to any property caused by your vehicle then a third party claim arises. Following is the process of third party claim:
On the other hand, if you are a victim, that is, if somebody else’s vehicle was involved, you must obtain the insurance details of that vehicle and make an intimation to the insurer of that vehicle to get a third party claim.
Documents required in case of Third Party claim
Ask Your Query
As a matter of fact you can watch live market trading that helps you to connect with CMT. Join a Technical Analysis Course which works on real time markets by using tools & techniques . That’ll give you behavioural understanding of real time Share market. Understanding the money management by real time trading or investment activity. As we know CMT is an MCQ Exam & ask question on application level. Create short notes of Course Content. Get PPT based Short Notes & note interpretation of tools & Techniques on technical analysis. Short Notes help you out to quick revision at the CMT exam time. CMT Books have very complicated language & course content is not properly aligned as it takes topics from various books of different writers.
So we have to take individual topics and understand concepts in simple, Concise and Clear manner. Take content from various books or websites like Investopedia or Stock Charts on Each Topic for in-depth understanding. Apply tools & techniques with the help of Technical analysis or trading software’s. Read Books twice as MCQ can be created from a single line. while study mark important topics.